Palace Striker Looking Likely To Complete Permanent Exit From Selhurst Park

2 Posted by - August 21, 2019 - News

It wasn’t a move which had the hallmarks of a match made in heaven when it was first announced but after just a few weeks away from SE25, it looks as though Alexander Sørloth has found the perfect home over in Turkey, with Trabzonspor’s president already talking up the potential of making the Norwegian’s stay a permanent one.

Initially leaving south London on a two-year loan for a fee of €750,000, the Super Lig side retain the option to make his stay a lasting one by stumping up a further €6 million if he plays 50% or more of the games in the second of his two years there. It’s a somewhat complicated arrangement but if he continues to find the back of the net in their colours, Trabzonspor are unlikely to worry too much about the pre-arranged sum.

Speaking to Sabah (a Turkish sporting news outlet) president Ahmet Ağaoğlu said:

“We’ve been following Sørloth for quite a while. But Crystal Palace wanted to use him as a part of some deal so that’s why he joined so late. But for now, you can see his quality,”he told the newspaper.

“He has started really well. If he continues like this, he will be an indispensable player for us in the future.”

“He is a real athlete. He came to the club and after two training sessions, he was on the pitch at Prague and scored a very important goal. We are very happy with his performances so far.”

“We still have two years. At the end of that, we will see. But I think if he continues like that, the €6m won’t look like much of a fee.”

It’s easy to forget that Sørloth is still just 23 years old and as such, has real room for further improvement. I’m not suggesting that we’ve let a potential world-beater slip through our hands but given the goal-scoring woes Roy Hodgson is currently enduring, this could well end up being a deal we end up regretting.

HLTCO has no adverts, we cannot survive without your help.

No comments

Leave a reply