Reports In Italy Claim Palace Man Is “At A Career Crossroads” After Contract Offer

0 Posted by - October 2, 2018 - News

It feels a tad random but according to a report in Italian news outlet Calciomercato, Jason Puncheon has been offered a new contract by Crystal Palace and is currently weighing up his options ahead of becoming a free agent next summer. 

The 32-year-old is said to be at a “career crossroads” having fallen down the first-team pecking order since a prolonged spell on the sidelines through injury, leaving the Italian publication to speculate over his next step. There had been talk of the south London native making a Deadline Day move to Middlesbrough this summer but the switch failed to materialise, leaving him without weekly first-team opportunities in red and blue. 

Known to love the club, the question now is whether or not Jason is happy to stick around and commit to a bit-part role, as Julian Speroni has done in recent times, or go elsewhere in search of regular starts in the final few years of his stint as a professional. To partisans it may seem an obvious option but Jason may well think differently, sadly the report itself fails to go into any details over the midfielder’s state of mind. 

It’s been a turbulent few months for the former club captain after a court case which saw him questioned over an incident which occurred outside a Reigate club, alongside the serious injury I mentioned earlier. With so much off-field frustration, Punch will be desperate to let his football speak for itself but without a guaranteed place in the first-team, it’s fair to say he’s got a big call to make on his future. I personally see him as an ideal back-up for the likes of Milivojevic and McArthur but to be a success as part of a team’s rotation, you have to be content with long spells of inactivity. 

Should any further updates surface, they’ll be reported on as soon as possible.

HLTCO has no adverts, we cannot survive without your help.

1 Comment

  • tzcar October 2, 2018 - 8:04 am Reply

    he can,t do any worse than mcarthur and miliovich.we have lost over half our games.and considering the teams we,ve been up against this is a disgrace .tell me any team in the bottom 8,with a better first team squad.im afraid we are heading for a battle with the bottom 6.to think we,ve only beaten fulham and huddersfield what a disgrace.i said last week,things are not right.got blasted for it,but surely the realism is we are not very good.and these great palace supporters deserve better.

  • Leave a Reply to tzcar Cancel reply