An Official Statement From The Holmesdale Fanatics

1 Posted by - September 4, 2018 - Daily Thoughts, News

Yesterday evening saw the publication of a press release from the Holmesdale Fanatics in direct response to the statement put out by the club on Sunday evening and now, they have produced their own detailed statement to go alongside it.

Whilst supporters have been largely kept in the dark as to the proposals the group were hoping to make in collaboration with the club, the above statement goes to great lengths to explain the inclusive and exciting plans the Fanatics were looking to implement in the Holmesdale Road end with the help of their fellow supporters.

There have been plenty of rumours suggesting that the HF were dead set on “kicking supporters out of their seats” and “throwing their weight around” but as anyone can see from the statement they’ve penned, that is not their intention in the slightest. The aim, both in the short and long-term is to create an atmosphere that the wider fan-base can be proud of for generations to come, built upon a foundation of inclusivity with whoever wants to be involved.

You won’t need me to remind you of the noise we as supporters were able to generate in the FA Cup Final of 2016, when the club worked with the group to provide an inclusive singing section in the middle of our Wembley allocation. That day, our fans felt untouchable with good reason, imagine the heights we could scale it that was taking place every time the team stepped out at Selhurst Park?

It’s a shift which would put us head and shoulders above any other atmosphere in the country, making us a truly unique entity within the English game. What we as a football club have the chance to create here, is a legacy of support which will outlast players leaving, managers moving on and potential relegations, cementing a fanatical and positive supporter influence for generations to come.

With the new stand in the pipeline and the club keen to appeal to a wider market, what better advertising could they have than a vibrant, central singing section setting us apart from the rest from game to game? It’s a well known fact that too many kids across south London grow up supporting Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester United when they should really be following us, a change like this could and I’m pretty sure would, provoke a rather dramatic sea-change in the allegiances of many before it’s too late.

Having seen the alternative to the Holmesdale Fanatics being active during the first two home games of the current campaign, I know I’m not alone in being desperate for them to return to Selhurst Park as soon as possible. If you give their full statement your time and attention and end up feeling the same way as me, please air your views publicly, as positive momentum is key to turning the potential for something truly great into reality.

Southampton goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is already on the record saying that Selhurst is an easier place to come and play without the Fanatics present, just allow yourself to imagine how he as an opposing keeper would have coped if an inclusive, HF-led singing section had taken up residence directly behind him on Saturday afternoon; I’d wager we’d have at least one if not three more points on the board.

• Gordon September 4, 2018 - 7:09 pm Reply

This is such a difficult issue. I love the noise and atmosphere generated by the HF. But can other long term fans be moved from the seats they’re entitled to ?
    There must be a way of resolving this dispute.
    I think SP will sort this one way or another. Maybe his initial approach wasn’t great. But he will rescue the situation. It’s what he’s good at.

• Ben September 4, 2018 - 7:19 pm Reply

I still cant really see a solution to this. Whilst the proposal is admirable it still requires people to give up their season tickets to make way for the HF. Some of the comments I’ve seen on various sites suggest that people are not willing to do this for any reasons. Moving 10 people is a hell of a lot easier than moving 200 +. The only way I can see this working is if people voluntarily move and as said, the suggestions are people won’t.
    I can’t see how it can be done and I’m not saying it shouldn’t be done, just can’t see how.

• Sharpy September 4, 2018 - 8:06 pm Reply

Can you imagine being in a seat you’ve had for years with your kids to then find yourself surrounded by the HF !
    I think the only solution is to wait for the redovelopment then everyone can be given a solution they will be happy with.
    The club are in a no win situation on this one with the HF what ever they think trying to hold everyone to ransome, if they love the club like the rest of us they would back off and just support the club. In saying that we need them and I think they’re brilliant.

• Mike Ward September 4, 2018 - 10:40 pm Reply

For the longer and shorter term good of the club I think we need to embrace this.
    I appreciate it may need some season ticket holders to move their seats but the payoff is in my opinion worth it.
    I took my eldest son to the FA Cup semi final and final and it was the atmosphere created by the palace fans that convinced him he needed to support Palace.
    I believe that those families who might have to move would quickly get over the inconvenience and they along with all the other Palace fans would be able to be proud of the unique atmosphere we could all create at Selhurst Park. Hopefully they might even join in with a few of the songs!

• Eaglecoops September 5, 2018 - 5:14 am Reply

I would give them the whole of the Sainsbury’s end, they can all stand then and be next to the opposition fans, perfect!

• Ziggi September 5, 2018 - 5:53 am Reply

Bring back the fanatics, the atmosphere is definitely not what it was. Being out sung by visiting clubs is very deflating. I myself enjoy the singing along with my family. Please consider the effect this is having on the club.

• Help September 5, 2018 - 6:32 am Reply

Disbanding Is ridiculous cutting off their own nose to spite their face , what do they hope to achieve very childish this is about Cpfc not just them 100 fans didn’t want to move so the club and 25000 fans get punished sometimes in life shit happens suck it up, come back and support with a promise from the club to have a 400 section promised to them and some funding for all the glorious art work
    But I get the feeling that absolute lunatic Phil Alexander won’t agree that , how that bully failed footballer attitude has room still in our ever progressing club I will never know
    Question is who will be the man and resolve first
    Pull your finger out parish give these lads some guarantees or ultras you know the arrogance of Phil and parish so do you make the first moves
    Bang all your heads together you should all be ashamed of yourselves the teams dying it needs all the help it can get , we haven’t replaced Cabaye and loftus
    The potential replacements max Kouyate are rarely played
    We have a manager who will only play 442 and doesn’t and will never understand to get Benteke back scoring we need three up top with wilf right crossing straight balls and Townsend left crossing with his left foot
    The manager doesn’t get why Benteke can’t play in a 2 and has basically killed a 39 million pound player
    And a manager who now won’t drop poor performers
    A chairman who does everything on the cheap and always through his own arrogance looks for the deal to feed his ego and another one who would rather cut his big nose off to spite his face
    And now some fans who have had enough
    Basically chaps it’s relegation time because if the above continues and everyone’ continues in the same manner as above it’s all over more so then in previous years it’s a haute tee
    Get on with it palace
    And bo

• Help September 5, 2018 - 6:35 am Reply

Llox I’m going to turn up and sing every week until the new stand is in place and we can all sing tiogeather again

• TonyN September 5, 2018 - 6:44 am Reply

My biggest concern is we create a small group of superior supporters. At the moment i is about seats but what if they get their way they decide next time it is about a manager. If Parish caves once it creates an awful situation. Yes I want to see HF back, yes I want people singing their hearts out. I was hoarse after the Saints game but not enough people were singing. However if the club gives HF everything they want this time with no visible compromises from HF you create a two tier fan base.

• Tom September 5, 2018 - 7:27 am Reply

Please over all the season ticket holders that move an incentive
    Free season ticket or half price for the rest of the seaso
    Free top
    The club can afford it
    I would move

• Tom September 5, 2018 - 9:39 am Reply

Please could the club offer an incentive for season ticket holders to move and let the club have a singing section
      Half price season tickets free signed shirt
      Then I thing fans will be willing to move
      I would

• Help September 5, 2018 - 8:16 am Reply

As I said Tony
    Give them guarantees when the new stand is built , their will be more then enough room for everyone without some supporters getting a better deal it will just leogisticallt work, in the meantime let them have the 75 seats left in the corner by switching their existing season ticket seat numbers and give them some funding for the artwork cpfc have to show that all supporters are equal I had a box one year for 20kvdid that give me more right then themselves who say bell w me in the Whitehorse , no , this is an equal way of resolving this parish should offer this hold out the olive branch everyone wins and if the ultras can’t settle in a promise or don’t want funding I will gio and buy a drum and stand like I did at the back of block v or the front of the arthurwait before that

• TonyN September 5, 2018 - 9:28 am Reply

All I am really worried about is that an Olive branch in the mind of Steve Parish isn’t seen as a baseball bat by the HF.

• Bev September 5, 2018 - 11:35 am Reply

That’s exactly what I said last night. The HF already gets special treatment. give in to them on this and they will start demanding to see the team sheet before it is handed in next. Don’t get me wrong I think the atmosphere is suffering but lets be realistic, it was never just about 100 of them moving because they on their own do not generate all that noise, they rely on the rest of Block B to help them and they can’t all be moved into block E. They say they want an inclusive crowd where we all stand and sing together but they need to bear in mind that whilst many are happy to listen to them, not everyone wants to join in. Many people in Block E are older supporters and prefer to sit and watch but that doesn’t make them any less important. The HF should go back to block B now (I’m sure the 35 new people would accept a move) and then when either safe standing or the new stand go up they can have their new area and create the atmosphere they want.

• Wiseoldowl September 5, 2018 - 11:45 am Reply

It doesn’t seem they’re keen on waiting for the new stand though? The statement suggests the atmosphere will fall behind other clubs in the near term if we wait for something that is yet to be green lit and constructed, so guarantees of future areas may not be a solution. Like you say though, let’s hope a compromise can be reached, and a gesture towards artwork etc is a nice idea.

• Help September 5, 2018 - 9:32 am Reply

Haha Well said Tony
    eaaaaagles

• Eric The Ninja September 5, 2018 - 4:41 pm Reply

It is very difficult to argue with their statement. Not sure about discounted season tickets but it’s a good bargaining chip to drop if the club agree to most everything else.