VIDEO: Steve Parish & Wilfried Zaha Discuss Winger’s New 5-Year-Deal

0 Posted by - August 16, 2018 - News, Video

Yesterday morning, Crystal Palace announced that star man Wilfried Zaha had put pen to paper on a bumper new five-year contract, ending speculation over moves to the likes of Tottenham and Chelsea which had been circulating all summer.

Back in May, Steve Parish had told any clubs looking to make a bid for the 25-year-old that £70 million was the asking price; a move which gave his suitors pause for thought whilst also highlighting the winger’s immense importance at Selhurst Park.

Plenty of tabloids have run regular pieces suggesting that Zaha himself was “desperate” to leave all summer long, the Daily Mirror’s James Nursey being one of the most frequent offenders but as the dust settles and the new Premier League season starts to get into its stride, Wilfried has once again committed his future to the boys in red and blue.

The news comes at a time of tremendous positivity for Crystal Palace FC, following on from the signings of Vicente Guaita, Cheikhou Kouyate, Max Meyer and Jordan Ayew, not to mention the contract extension Roy Hodgson penned prior to our opening day victory away at Fulham. Having been sucked into a serious battle against the drop at some point in each one of our five seasons back in the top flight since 2013, the hope this time around is for a far more serene campaign from start to finish.

As Steve Parish has said publicly on many occasions before, his time at the club’s chairman is intertwined with Wilfried Zaha’s rise to stardom, indeed CPFC2010’s first game in charge coinciding with the academy graduate’s first start and professional goal in our colours. As such, the pair share a rather deep understanding of their importance to one another’s success, a fact that has no doubt played a sizeable role in getting Wilf to commit to fresh terms as the new season gets underway.

Make no mistake, this is a landmark deal for everyone behind the scenes at Selhurst.

For 80p a month, you can help HLTCO grow.

1 Comment

  • tzcar August 16, 2018 - 7:59 am Reply

    yes its great news.but i feel we must look to the horizon.for i feel come january,hazard will go to reamadrid.this in turn will cause danger to palace,as wilf plays in his position,and we know chelsea are interested.yes the 5 yr contract does provide palace with security,but this will not stop other admirers coming in for him.no we don,t want this,but this is football life.i hope im wrong,but wilf is such a superb player clubs with money will try their luck.

  • Leave a reply