Is Liverpool Man Set To Swap Anfield For Selhurst Park?

0 Posted by - June 27, 2018 - News

A week or so ago, we spoke about the possibility of a Palace move for Liverpool striker Danny Ings this summer and now, it seems as though the former Burnley man has decided that the time is right for him to leave Anfield and start afresh.

Undoubtedly talented and still wanted as part of the Liverpool set-up by boss Jurgen Klopp, this won’t have been a decision Ings has taken lightly but after a terrible run of injuries and next to no first-team opportunities as a result, it seems as though the striker has bitten the bullet and decided to call time on his stay with the Reds.

Despite having two years left to run on his current deal, Danny has cautiously asked Liverpool to respect his wishes and will weigh up his options (with the likes of Palace and Burnley said to be hugely interested) over the next week or so. Of course, any party throwing their hat into the ring will have to put in a bid that is seen as acceptable to the Liverpool hierarchy but given his wretched injury record over the last couple of years, you can’t imagine they’ll be demanding an astronomical sum for his services.

As I said when news of this potential move first broke, Ings history of long lay-offs (he has ruptured his ACL and sustained knee cartilage damage since late 2015) does act as a huge worry going forward but at the age of just 25, Ings’ hunger to prove himself coupled with the reputation he built at Burnley, will have Palace boss Roy Hodgson excited at the prospect of working with him on a full-time basis.

Having been called up to the England squad when the gaffer was in charge, Ings will already be familiar with his training methods, leaving him with great potential opportunities in ourselves and his former employers at Turf Moor.

I’ve been open in my concerns previously but if those behind the scenes at Selhurst Park are confident that Danny is over his long-term injuries and ready to play an active and lasting role in the first-team, I’ll be happy to see him playing in red and blue.

Let’s hope the wheels start turning before too long.

For 80p a month, you can help HLTCO grow.

2 Comments

  • terence carter June 27, 2018 - 7:38 am Reply

    not convinced,to injury prone.after last season we can,t aford to go down this path.i don,t care if its said he is fully recovered.his history tells u he is a big risk.no palace move on somebody else.

  • Rob June 27, 2018 - 3:17 pm Reply

    My gut reaction was thanks but no thanks but I think his going for peanuts so why not? If Klopp wants him still then he must be showing something good in training.

  • Leave a Reply to terence carter Cancel reply