REPORT: Palace Are Getting Nowhere In Their Pursuit Of Ligue Un Star

0 Posted by - January 29, 2018 - News

Crystal Palace’s interest in Lille captain Ibrahim Amadou has been spoken about for more than a year now but after supposedly having two bids rejected for him in this window, reports are now claiming that a third offer has been knocked back by the Ligue Un outfit.

Clearly sold on the idea of bringing Amadou into the fold at Selhurst Park, a pair of bids, believed to have been just beneath and just over the £16 million mark have reportedly been rejected in rather rapid fashion by Lille, with suggestions that they want closer to £20 million to let him fly the nest.

Known to have money worries as a consequence of Financial Fair Play regulations, you would like to think that a bid of close to the aforementioned figure would set the wheels in motion but if the report linked at the top of the page is genuine, then it seems unlikely that we’ll significantly change our stance with just a couple of days left to do business in the window.

Still without a striker or a goalkeeper despite links to plenty of both since 2017 drew to a close, supporters are likely to ask for an explanation if we do indeed end up splashing such an eye-catching sum on Amadou without making strides in either of those departments beforehand. In truth, whilst I am usually trusting of the planning that takes place behind the scenes, even I would be a little taken aback if we did end up with the Lille man and no striker on the morning of February the 1st but for now, I’ll keep my powder dry.

Alongside our own pressing needs, the fact that last night’s 2-1 home win over Strasbourg has only just lifted Lille out of the relegation zone leaves me wondering how happy they’ll be to let a key cog in their midfield leave without any time in which to source a replacement for him before the window closes. Yes, they’re obviously in need of extra funds but even so, to lose Amadou would potentially cause real problems for the rest of their season, given how close they are to the drop zone.

Ibrahim’s potential switch to SE25 was one which made rather a lot of sense at the start of January but is now looking increasingly unlikely as each day goes by. Of course I’d like to see him come in if a deal can be struck between now and the 31st but as things stand, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

• Tom January 29, 2018 - 7:26 am Reply

Looks highly unlikely now that we sign Amadou and I see we are instead being linked with Livermore possibly as a replacement transfer… argh. So far very unimpressed with our dealings in this window although i do hope the Polish lad in defence Jarlow Jach? turns out to be a shrewd one. Great name too.

• admin January 29, 2018 - 7:27 am Reply

Livermore instead of Amadou would be a real blow, not least because of the disparity in their ages.

• TonyN January 29, 2018 - 8:31 am Reply

I am not worried about the goalkeeper, between Wayne and Julian we should be fine till the end of season but the striker has me seriously worried, Sako’s left foot is not enough cover for a striker who isn’t firing. I am sure Christian will get his mojo back at some point but until then we need something sooner rather than later. Defenders and the midfield I question the sense of adding more but if RLC is not going to play for the rest of the season then perhaps I am wrong?

• admin January 29, 2018 - 3:49 pm Reply

Strikers are of paramount importance, as every fan across the globe seems to realise.

• tzcar January 29, 2018 - 9:34 am Reply

as alway,s we flatter to deceive,on transfers.parish and the board completely USELESS. what,s the point of freedman.was,nt he supposed to line up these deals/IF WE STAY UP THIS SEASON.if we stay up this season,it will be intirely down to roy,s skills.not parish/freedman and co.complwtely useless.when does a plan become, no plan.parish is full of the blame game,everyone but him. if we go down this seSON,I HOPE PARISH AND FREEDMAN STEP DOWN.PARISH,S PERFORMANCES OVER PAST 2 YEARS TOTALLY UN CONVINCING.your supposed to lead from the front.with his ineffectiveness,im surprised we arn,t down with charlton.

• Jose Fonte baby? Jose Fonte? Oh oh oh January 29, 2018 - 12:04 pm Reply

Get Babacar over the line and a keeper. I think the keeper shoul to be a loan looking for games ahead of World Cup, then we could sign Fabianski in the summer (out of contract) if Swansea go down AND/OR Guatia on a pre-contract agreement

No need for a CB/CDM as we have enough cover here now Jach has signed and Reidewald has shown promise.