Vicente Guaita Is Using Twitter To Show His Desperation To Join Palace

0 Posted by - January 15, 2018 - News

Palace’s interest in Getafe goalkeeper Vicente Guaita has been well documented throughout the press over the last week or so but yesterday, the Spaniard made a rather bold move on social media before quickly undoing it once it started to create waves.

The 31-year-old is understood to be desperate for his club to relent and agree a fee for his sale with Palace, growing more and more frustrated by the Getafe owner’s desire to ignore a €4 million release clause that is said to exist within his contract.

Having sat out Getafe’s 1-0 home victory over Malaga last Friday in its entirety, it’s quite clear that the relationship between Guaita and his current employers is at the point of no return and judging by the incident referenced above, Vicente himself is doing everything he can to try and force through a move.

As I said in a piece yesterday, my gut feeling over all of this, is that the two club’s will eventually iron out a deal that works for all parties, given the fact that, despite their current protestations to the contrary, Getafe will see no real point in keeping a player on their books until May when he’s absolutely desperate to get away at the earliest possible moment.

Right now, the only hurdle to overcome is the fee itself, with Palace under the impression that they need only pay €4 million to get it done and Getafe demanding €8 million; should we be willing to meet them somewhere in the middle, I’d wager that we could get everything sorted without a potential court battle and the turbulence that inevitably brings but that’s just my perspective from the outside looking in.

Following on from the rather dreadful way things ended for us with Marseille keeper Steve Mandanda last summer, it’s lovely to see a potential new number one who’s obviously so desperate to join. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that Steve Parish and Dougie Freedman can work out a deal for him before the widow shuts in a couple of weeks time. It would be a real shame having to wait until the summer to see him in between the sticks at Selhurst Park, where he’d almost certainly get a hero’s welcome after the events of the last few days.

HLTCO has no adverts, we cannot survive without your help.

No comments

Leave a reply