Steve Parish Has His Say On FdB’s Troubled Start At CPFC

1 Posted by - September 1, 2017 - News

With the pressure on Frank de Boer’s shoulders appearing to grow with each and every passing day, Palace chairman Steve Parish has had his say on the Dutchman’s start and the general tone of his words is far from pretty.

This piece featured on Sky Sports’ website, sees our chairman openly discussing De Boer’s poor start and admitting, rather quickly, that “serious conversations” need to take place if we are to turn things round in plenty of time to avoid the looming threat of relegation.

Given the disappointing nature of the results Frank has managed so far, you can only assume that Steve’s words have been made public for calculated reasons rather than a simple case of him being caught off guard, it’s an official interview with a nationwide sports broadcaster after all.

Speculation has been swirling for a few days over the former Ajax man’s chances of clinging onto the role for our trip to take on Sean Dyche’s Burnley next Sunday and now, with his own chairman’s rather grim assessment of his start having made it into the public domain, you would expect the chatter to increase tenfold.

The rights and wrongs of Palace’s decision to appoint De Boer in the first place will no doubt be chewed over for months if not years to come but in the here and now, it feels as though the board have a major decision to make. Keep faith with the man you spent a month to find and let the chips fall where they may, or admit that you made a major error in giving him the job in the first place and make a change before things go any further south.

Whatever Steve and his fellow directors decide to do, they’re likely to be met with resistance from some. Quite where we go from here is anyone’s guess.

HLTCO is now a completely advert-free website, meaning I rely solely on the support of readers to keep it going. If you can give just 80p a month via the link below to help me pay my mortgage, I’d be eternally grateful.

• Jose Fonte baby? Jose Fonte? Oh oh oh September 1, 2017 - 12:03 pm Reply

The mistake was not matching the ambition to the finances. At the time FDB certainly thought he had money to spend. If the money was never there, why wasn’t Dyche appointed instead?

I think it will be an interesting game against Burnley. Despite his style limitations, Dyche does get players believing in him and giving their all. From what i’ve heard, the same can’t be said of the current squad and FDB.

• Marc G September 1, 2017 - 12:25 pm Reply

Its a true combination of problems; revolution not evolution and the wrong players to adopt it so quickly. FdB and team are clearly naive and like us all, Parish was taken in by the playing career of FdB rather than his ability to execute his strategy in the Premier League.

I for one am gutted and woudl love to see no change and a turnaround.

• admin September 1, 2017 - 12:27 pm Reply

Sound logic all round Marc. I’d love it to work out.

• Pardewispants September 1, 2017 - 1:21 pm Reply

He’s useless take off lb put rb at lb and leave schlupp on the bench then throw on Chung before cabaye
    Pre season play kids Townsend rwb then don’t start him and play ward who has played in the position once in his career the blokes a moron as many are saying re his Ajax days he didn’t contribute as much as suggested according to those in the know the guys a bellend

• SuperSyGuy September 1, 2017 - 1:31 pm Reply

Absolutely flawless appraisal of the situation we face as a club. It is literally impossible to argue with this statement. We should by now progressed into a WBA, Stock, Southampton style rock solid EPL team. However we’ve stumbled along in this shambolic and chaotic fashion for three years now and its starting to take its toll. We are now a bottom six team and have regressed. The Tony Pulis’ and Sam Alladyces’ of the football world – I.E. stable and sensible managers – can see the chaos in place and the effort required and don’t want it. I think it was Dave Swindlehurst – apologises if it wasn’t – who said you can see a decent footballer from the way he runs onto the pitch. Nothing about FDB appointment convinced me. Am I surprised that his unanimated, flat, dull presentation and interpersonal skills haven’t worked well, no. Did FDB inherit a team and architecture in place at AJAX that won them the titles, yes. Ask experienced AJAX fans how sad they were to see him leave even given his success. I was not and am not convinced that FDB has the expertise to succeed in the EPL and never was. However, I don’t blame him I blame the board. The article above couldn’t sum up our predicament any more articulately. I fully expect, as history has shown us, that FDB will be given two maybe three more games and if result and performances don’t come, which they may not, I expect to see him gone and Roy Hodgson and Dougie Freedman in the dug-out. Now the more you say it the more you can see it can’t you….. Ridiculous….

• john lee September 1, 2017 - 2:47 pm Reply