Steve Parish’s Tweet Sends Palace Fans Crazy Over Potential New Signings

7 Posted by - July 16, 2017 - News

Late on Saturday night, as if by magic, Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish took to Twitter, exciting Eagles fans everywhere over the prospect of an incoming transfer or two.

This tweet from Parish came out of the blue but it certainly excited Palace fans after weeks of speculation with no real news.

The last month has seen us linked with ambitious transfer moves for all manner of players but as of yet, Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been the only new name to step through the door. Whilst plenty of other new arrivals are expected to appear before the season kicks off, we have been placed in limbo for a while, largely as a consequence of Frank de Boer’s desire to get a true understanding of the players at his disposal.

Having seen the likes of Jairo Riedewald, Jasper Cillessen and Bruno Martins-Indi all heavily linked with moves to Selhurst Park within the last week or two, the identity/identities involved in Steve’s midnight tweet remain a mystery to the masses but after a prolonged spell of radio silence, I think Palace fans everywhere can justify their feelings of joy.

With the players all set to fly off to Hong Kong today on a pre-season trip, you would assume that any new arrivals would join up with the squad in Asia at a later date, having gone through the formalities regarding contracts back in the U.K. between now and Monday. Whilst I will admit to being unsure over whether or not new players can be drafted into the group for the tournament, I’m certainly hoping that they can pull on a shirt out in Hong Kong, giving us all a timely morale boost in the process.

There is no better “source” of Palace news than the chairman himself, meaning we’re set for an exciting couple of days.

Let the guessing games commence.

• Ben July 16, 2017 - 7:22 am Reply

I don’t think there is a football chairman now or ever who’d I’d rather have than SP. understands the fans because he is one. Has the clubs best interests at heart and isn’t pillaging the club for money. Diamond geezer!!!!

• admin July 16, 2017 - 7:29 am Reply

I’d go along with that 100%, Ben.

• Sharpy July 16, 2017 - 8:03 am Reply

Some times the frustration of being a fan is immense waiting on transfer news, the stadium, new manager etc but knowing SP is the man sorting these things makes it a lot easier !! God help us if he ever step down.

• admin July 16, 2017 - 8:18 am Reply

I think if he ever does go, he’ll make sure the tight man comes in to take his place. He’s all about the long-term, Sharpy.

• Spiceboy July 16, 2017 - 8:16 am Reply

Let’s hope the first is indi a proven centre back in the premier league and we know he can cut it. Is it wrong to still pine that a last minute loan deal for sakho with an option to buy happens?

• admin July 16, 2017 - 8:17 am Reply

I think you’re on a hiding to nothing on the Sakho front, Spiceboy. That said, if he’s still out of Liverpool’s first team picture and in limbo in January, that may change.

• Geone July 16, 2017 - 9:40 am Reply

Well I hope this transfer saga is settled by the end of next week hopefully!! as we still need a decent centre back, right back and yes astriker and goalie too by August 4th ish all these areas we are weak in. Steve and Frankie would have seen this and probably know it, I saw it for myself last Season how we were struggling with teams like Watford, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham ALL these teams on paper we can compete against but last Season we could not beat any of them Palace fans will agree me, lol! This can’t happen like this when the Season starts if we want a top 10 finish if we don’t patch up ALL our weak pocket areas in the squad.. Then I think we will be in trouble.
    Frankie has been brought in to stop the rot and maybe sort out our playing style and get the right players in let’s just hope he does that and hopefully leads up to the right end of the Premier League come the end of the Season 10 to 8th spot is a good start no pressure…

• Holmesdale Girl July 16, 2017 - 11:49 am Reply

@carlosalv125 seems to have the inside track. Good news if true? https://twitter.com/carlosalv125/status/885102513527164929

• Geone July 17, 2017 - 5:46 am Reply

Unless facts or useful did you know Jairo Riedewald has worn the No 4. more times then any other number in his career I read about on line not sure if it’s 100% true so don’t fully quote me but it might be close on from I was reading lol!!!

• admin July 17, 2017 - 5:55 am Reply