All We Know So Far About Big Sam’s Departure From Crystal Palace

0 Posted by - May 23, 2017 - News

So, out of nowhere, it seems as though Sam Allardyce is leaving Palace just days after helping the club to secure their place in the Premier League for a record fifth consecutive year.

This report gives you all the background as to why Allardyce is leaving Palace. I dare say some will remain sceptical.

Despite speaking only recently about his plans for this summer’s transfer targets, coaching reinforcements and pre-season training camps, the former England boss is leaving SE25 and may (that last word is important) decide to call time on his managerial career altogether.

Plenty of fans are understandly fretting over the “typical” turbulent summer that Palace now have ahead of them, with many raising questions over where that leaves negotiations relating to Zaha’s proposed new contract and Sakho’s potential permanent arrival but as things stand, we are nowhere near gaining any real sense of clarity over the finer points of the club’s post-Allardyce contingency plan.

After the departures of Freedman and Pulis in recent years, Palace fans could be forgiven for craving a sense of stability rather than perpetual change but as the dust begins to settle on this afternoon’s revelations, I suppose we should at least be thankful that the news has broken at the very start of the summer rather than a day or two before the new season begins as it did with the aforementioned Welshman at the helm.

Speculation over Sam’s replacement remains extremely scant as we await an official announcement from the club but we’ll let you know everything as and when news breaks.

Crystal Palace FC – A club without a single dull moment.

• Ben May 23, 2017 - 7:28 pm Reply

Right up until last Sunday I felt he was just there for the job. Although he recognised the fans passion, I don’t believe it ever rubbed off on him. To be fair, he did what he was asked to do and earn this bonus for keeping us up. Personally feel he should go with our thanks. Poor Steve must be getting fed up with explaining his vision for the club to prospective managerial candidates. Parrish has always acted in the best interests of the club and I have faith he’ll do it again. Thanks for your work Sam and all the best for the future.

• admin May 23, 2017 - 7:29 pm Reply

Spot on there, Ben. I’m hugely thankful for us knowing already and it not being left late.

• Paul jones May 23, 2017 - 8:18 pm Reply

Please look at Roberto manchini with Atillo Lombardo as his number 2 and not Roy hodgson PLEASE

• Richard C May 23, 2017 - 8:18 pm Reply

If it’s true, £2m plus wages for 5 months work is not too bad a return is it?

What everyone has missed is the point that the players have just spent the last year playing two different styles of play and will now be asked to try yet another different style under whichever manager we get for the start of next season. Are the players up for it and will those players who were borderline of wanting to move on, now consider it is time to do so ie: Zaha, Cabaye, Townsend and no Sakho?

• admin May 24, 2017 - 6:18 am Reply

All of those questions are impossible to answer in the short-term, sadly. I wish I could, Richard.

• Ben May 23, 2017 - 10:04 pm Reply

Hi Richard, I understand your point but the bottom line is that these guys are professional footballers. It’s their career. Many of them, particularly the older ones would have played many different ways. If they move to a different club they will be expected to play a different way. So whilst I understand your point, I can’t really agree with it sorry. As players of course they will be up for it. Their careers depend on it. If they don’t conform to the new managers system, they won’t play.simple. As far as players moving on I think it’s 50/50. If it was me I would wait to see who the new gaffer is before I decide but I guess it’s down to the individuals.

• admin May 24, 2017 - 6:20 am Reply

I think we’ll get a respected name in to be honest. We’re an attractive prospect with a full summer ahead of us.

• Gordon May 24, 2017 - 1:43 pm Reply

I’m gutted, Sam has huge knowledge of the premier league and would of attracted good quality players next season. I’m with Paul please please please not Hodgson.

• admin May 24, 2017 - 1:48 pm Reply

What about Silva, Gordon?

• Gordon May 24, 2017 - 7:02 pm Reply

I wouldn’t complain 😄 I think he’s got a lot of character and would work well with the players.