POLL: A Simple Question – Are You “Pardew In” Or “Pardew Out”?

2 Posted by - December 15, 2016 - Daily Thoughts, News

A great deal has been tweeted, written and screamed in anger about Crystal Palace’s form in 2016 but following last night’s last-gasp defeat to Manchester United, I am finally nailing my colours to the mast in saying that I think it’s time for Alan Pardew to be relieved of his duties in SE25.

If you could spare a few seconds to vote in this Pardew In or Pardew Out poll, I would be hugely appreciative.

To some casual observers, the hours after a loss to Jose Mourinho’s expensively assembled Reds’ side may seem like a strange time to call for a manager’s head but given Pardew’s decision to withdraw James McArthur in the dying stages and push for all three points, a large chunk of our fan-base, myself included, have now had enough of the gaffer’s all or nothing approach to in-game management.

For all of the spin “Pards” likes to apply in the press after a defeat, there is no longer any real hiding place for him in relation to our ongoing poor form. Yes, we’re scoring a lot of goals but we’re conceding even more, culminating in a sequence of results which have seen him accumulate just six victories in his last 37 Premier League games; a record which should be deemed unacceptable in the eyes of anyone who doesn’t have their head fully submerged in sand.

It doesn’t take a great deal of intellect to realise that last season’s fantastic FA Cup run kept the former Eagles’ midfielder in the job beyond his natural sell-by date but this term, with the squad languishing dangerously close to the drop zone and showing no tangible signs of improvement, the list of positives associated with Pardew’s continued reign is getting shorter and shorter as each week goes by.

Do you feel it’s time for Steve Parish and his fellow directors to pull the trigger or do you think Alan deserves more time? Vote via the link above if you can, the more people that voice their opinion, the better.

• Richard C December 15, 2016 - 12:58 pm Reply

I don’t have a twitter account but my vote is with he has to go.

This is not knee jerk nor is it with the vile distaste that the Geordie supporters appear to have for him. He has quite simply failed at his job, with no sign of improvement and needs to go whilst there is still time to save our season.

• Ben December 15, 2016 - 1:09 pm Reply

I know that I’ll be in the minority but I’m a Pardew stay. I don’t think we will find another manager who has the passion for the club that Pardew has and I do think he will turn this run around. However, in saying that I’ll probably change my mind again tomorrow.

• Ken Williams December 15, 2016 - 1:11 pm Reply

I don’t have a twitter account either. I’m born and bred Croydon. Living in tipperary now . And am palace till I die. Pards is a good man but has to go . His record is terrible. We are getting rid of our best players also and bringing in lazy slobs cough ( townsend for Bolasi ) not good enough! Bring inew big Sam and don’t sell Zaha.

• tom December 15, 2016 - 2:36 pm Reply

i think he should stay for the time being .. we have played decent football and i know its a cliche but small margins in our favour and we’d be sitting pretty in the top 10 .. its a harder season in the PL than ever before due to the huge sums of money being spent and there are some good teams in the bottom half of the table .. yes our position in the league is seriously worrying but i still think Alan can turn our form around .. time will tell

• Christian Neroni' December 15, 2016 - 2:45 pm Reply

We were warned by the Newcastle fans even through that honeymoon period when Pardew couldn’t do anything wrong, remember them saying there will be a time when the wheels will come off, and he will sink our great club back to the championship. His stupid comments when we bought Cabeye, “no one dare knock on my door asking for a wage increase, just remember the calibre we have signed”….Cabeye has been a waste of space, useless in every sense od the word, I have nightmares knowing he is taking 100k a week from our club each week!! Pardew has no plan b, always makes excuses. If pulis had the same players now to his disposal we would be in top 7!! 6 wins in 37 so pal, U HAVE GO!

• Caroline Too December 15, 2016 - 4:10 pm Reply

I’m a Pardew out. For two reasons, first he has failed to escape his good runs – bad runs history. If we wish to progress to the top half of the table then that just isn’t an acceptable record. Secondly, the comment above has made the point that small differences would have placed us higher up the table, OK, but our fixture list so far has been largely against bottom half of the table competitors… the second half of the season looks tougher.

• Richard C December 15, 2016 - 4:57 pm Reply

Ben/Tom, serious question, but how long do you give him? Long enough that we get relegated and lose what decent players we have because make no mistake, Benteke, Cabaye, Dann, Tomkins, Zaha, McArthur, Ward, Mandanda and Hennessy and possibly others will all be out the door if we get relegated and we are not Newcastle so we don’t have the funds to just buy our way back up next year. This is a seriously bad position we find ourselves in and waiting another 10 games to confirm what we already know could well be too late.

• Malcolm McKay December 15, 2016 - 5:51 pm Reply

Sorry your time is up Mr Pardew. I just hope that Big Fat Sam is available because that’s what we need a proven Manager .

• Chris December 15, 2016 - 6:27 pm Reply

I’m going parts out. He’s gonna lead the club back to the championship ,with such quality players at his disposile we should be in top 8 we need Mancinni or big Sam in

• A tarrant December 15, 2016 - 7:11 pm Reply

By the time the chairman takes his head out of the sand it will be to late palace are down what a disaster and what a shame ground improvements will go out the window

• Jose Fonte baby? Jose Fonte? Oh oh oh December 19, 2016 - 3:49 pm Reply

Pardew out unless Big Sam is his replacement. Mancini, Flores, Monk or De Boer for me. Play the football we want. Big Sam is just kneww jerk taking us back to Pulis days of 20% possession. Whilst we may get more points Pardew’s task was akin to Hughes at Stoke – top half with decent football.