Make No Mistake, Bolasie Would Welcome A Move To Spurs

0 Posted by - August 18, 2015 - News

Make no mistake, Yannick Bolasie is keen on the idea of a move to Tottenham Hotspur, but he won’t be forcing his way out of Crystal Palace under a cloud of controversy. 

Understandably desperate to prove his worth at the highest level possible, the DR Congo international has greeted talk of Spurs’ interest in him with open arms, admitting on more than one occasion that he is flattered to have been mentioned as a transfer target for the north Londoners. That being said, he’s also acutely aware of the needs of his current employers, stating that he would only leave if the deal suited all parties. 

He said:

I’m a loyal guy, but this is a game and a business. Opportunities to play for a top club do not swing by every day. You would have to look into it to see if it suits you and your family.

“At my age it could be the right time, but it has to be right for the club as well.”

Although there will almost certainly be a few Palace fans who don’t enjoy a player flirting with a potential suitor so openly in the press, you have to admire Yannick’s honesty in this situation. On a personal level, I would far rather see him being totally up front over his intentions, as opposed to the likes of Fabian Delph, who earlier this summer, lied directly to Aston Villa’s supporters over where his loyalties lay before leaving them in the lurch just a few days later. 

Yannick is almost certain to move on sooner or later, and given the long-term interest in him from White Hart Lane, you would assume they would be at the front of the queue for any deal that did see him departing SE25. 

For the money that is supposedly on offer, we could do far worse than to let him pursue his dream. 

For rolling news and comment on everything happening at Crystal Palace FC, follow Hopkin Looking To Curl One… on twitter by clicking here…

HLTCO has no adverts, we cannot survive without your help.

12 Comments

  • Spiceboy August 18, 2015 - 7:26 am Reply

    Gotta say hoppo I would gladly take 20 million from Spurs for bolo but only on a few conditions. 1) the money is reinvested in a centre half & another winger. 2) Pardew is not allowed to buy another bloody goal keeper. 3) Pardew is banned from bringing on lee as a sub ever again & 4) Mutch never comes on as sub in an attacking midfield role ever again.

    On a side note ward if u read this sort your defensive game out you were aweful on Sunday both goals were your fault but sweet finish for ours.

    • admin August 20, 2015 - 10:45 am Reply

      Haha! Solid list, Spiceboy.

  • JOHNNY August 18, 2015 - 7:33 am Reply

    Forget this player and sign Andrly Yarmole or somthing from Dynamo he comes at a price said to be £10,000,000 he is a genius get him fast Everton are said to be hovering move it Levy .

  • Matt August 18, 2015 - 7:58 am Reply

    I still can’t find a source for these quotes. A website claims he said it to reporters but can’t find the interview anywhere.
    Saying that, if he is going, play Sako, see if he’s a ready made replacement or whether we need to buy a replacement or a back up to Sako and Zaha.

    • admin August 20, 2015 - 10:44 am Reply

      We have strength in depth like never before. Spurs won’t spend it on him, though. No need to worry.

  • Patnevin August 18, 2015 - 8:01 am Reply

    If our chairman is true to form he’ll stick in an 11th hour bid that falls short of what you’d accept and then make all the usual noises about”we had our targets but couldn’t get them over the line before the close of the window”. Even if he bids an acceptable amount it’ll probably come too late for you to sort out a replacement so will turn it down. When it comes to selling players the guy is top notch but bringing them in….he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the process.

  • tom August 18, 2015 - 8:08 am Reply

    have to say i agree that any fee near the 20m mark has got to be accepted, i love Bolasie but he’s all tricks, pace and power which is great but not enough end product yet, 20m re-invested in another defender and a decent winger would be good business imo

    • admin August 20, 2015 - 10:44 am Reply

      It would make sense on every level.

  • Ray August 18, 2015 - 8:29 am Reply

    Guys, dont you think that all this Bolasie nonsense is just speculative bullshit invented by the nonces masquerading as professional journalists ITK, knowing that another striker is urgently needed at WHL? Spurs have been linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry since it became abundantly clear that Adebayor wasn’t in the managers thoughts other than getting rid of him ASAP and Soldado’s days were numbered now gone. The hacks have constantly linked Spurs with everyone apparently available or otherwise, putting imaginary price tags on their heads as well. I would be very surprised if Bolasie was to come to WHL, he isnt an out and out centre forward, more a winger and we have enough of them at the moment. Dont get me wrong, I think that the player would be great for the club but like I said, it’s all made up bullshit without any evidence to prove otherwise. Any hack can ask a player contrived questions and twist his response to make a story out of nothing.

    • admin August 20, 2015 - 10:43 am Reply

      Ray, your logic is spot on. Sadly, we’re duty bound to comment.

  • Sharpy August 18, 2015 - 9:31 am Reply

    I never thought I’d read comments like those above about our team, manager and board at this point in time !!!! Amazed

    • admin August 20, 2015 - 10:43 am Reply

      Our growth has been astounding, Sharpy.

    Leave a reply